We may also ask for feedback from you on how you would like to allow your information to be used. These situations may supplement Beaxy’s privacy practices or may provide you with additional choices about how we use your personal information.
Information Beaxy Collects
Information we collect from you is done in order to provide you with the best possible services and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) and Anti Money Laundering (“AML”) obligations. You always have the choice whether to provide us with your personal information, but you may not be able to access all of our platform or have as customized of an experience if you choose not to share certain information.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Beaxy may collect and how we may use this information:
- When you register for a Beaxy account, we collect the following information to meet our legal obligations: your name, date of birth, email address, gender, and a copy of a legitimate form of identification. Beaxy uses this information in order to be able to contact you, provide you the best possible services we can, and also to comply with all applicable KYC/AML regulation. We may utilize our third-party service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or personal information. We may also use third-party and/or government lists in order to verify that your identity does not match up with any watch lists and/or criminal databases.
- If we suspect any suspicious activity being done in your Beaxy account, we may request additional information and confirmation that it is in fact you who is conducting this activity. We may utilize our third-party service providers acting on our behalf to investigate this activity and ensure maximum security of your account and any funds that may be at risk.
- Whenever you contact us or are in communication with us, we receive your contact information and any other personal information associated with this communication. Beaxy will use this information to answer your questions and/or respond to any service issues you may have.
- If allowed by you, Beaxy may access your social media pages and the personal information stored by you at these third-party social media sites. This information will only be accessed with your authorization and will never be given or sold to any third parties.
- Beaxy may access any content you post on various Internet sites. Information posted in these places is public information and appears through Google searches or searches on these platforms. Please don’t post anything to these sites that you do not wish to be made public information.
How Beaxy Uses Your Information
We collect your personal information in order to provide you with security and the best possible customer experience while using our platform. The personal information you provide helps us know you as a customer which helps us create the best possible experience for you and improve our services as necessary. We also use your data to comply with regulations and create and maintain a reputation of strict compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Here are some examples of how we may use personal information:
- To comply with our KYC/AML obligations;
- To detect any suspicious activity or illegal activity that may compromise your account or our service platform;.
- To verify your identity by analyzing your information against third-party databases;
- To send trading updates and order information to you;
- To access your account in order to troubleshoot problems;
- To customize your account and use of our platform;
- For the utmost security and to detect any viruses or attacks such as hacks, spoofing, wash trading etc.;
- To provide you with customer support;
- For statistics on how customers use our website and platform;
- To communicate with you about any necessary updates or occurrences.
We will never use your personal information without your permission for any other purposes other than those detailed here. Throughout your use of Beaxy’s platform we may ask your permission to share your information with third-party service providers, which you may always refuse. However, if you do refuse, you may not have access to certain parts of our services or platform’s features.
Our Third-Party Service Providers
Beaxy is partnered with several third-party service providers that provide security, liquidity, and identity services for us. We need these service providers in order to provide the highest quality customer experience and also to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Your information may be shared with these parties only as necessary in the following instances.
Public Databases & ID Verification Partners
Beaxy shares your information with third-party service providers in order to verify your identity. These parties are required to help us verify your identity in order to comply with KYC/AML regulations. Using public databases and government records, these parties assure us that you are on no terrorist or criminal watch lists and that you have not forged your identification information. This process is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and also protects you as a customer from fraudulent users transacting on our platform. We may utilize additional information about you to ensure our platform is not used fraudulently or for any illicit or criminal activities of any kind.
Why Beaxy Shares Your Information
Beaxy will only share your information with third-party service providers or employees when it is absolutely necessary for them to perform their duties and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Beaxy will never sell your information to third parties. We will only share your information in the following circumstances:
- With our third party service providers to verify your identify and prevent fraud. These parties will cross-check your information with public information and government databases in order to make sure we comply with regulations and you are not on any watch lists.
- In the event of a court-approved or mandated sale, we may share your information with other parties to this event.
- In the event that Beaxy receives any legal order such as a subpoena or court order, we may be obligated to share your personal information. In this scenario, we will comply with legal authorities to the best of our ability and will act in compliance with all applicable laws at all times.
How Beaxy Shares Your Information
If you use your Beaxy account to execute trades and transfer various cryptocurrencies to third parties for any reason, we or you may also provide the seller with your information in order to help complete your transaction. If an attempt to transfer cryptocurrency to a third party is cancelled or invalidated for whatever reason, we may provide the third party with details of the failed transaction. In order to facilitate a resolution, we may provide a party with the other party’s address so that assets may be returned.
In connection with a transfer or transaction between you and a third party, a third party may share information about you with us, such as your email address which we can use to communicate with about this third-party transfer or transaction. We may use this information in order to verify the parties to the transaction and to communicate with both parties until a resolution is reached.
If you allow a third-party access to your Beaxy account then any personal information you have provided us may be shared with those third parties.
How Beaxy Protects Your Information
Beaxy takes your security extremely seriously, which is why we employ the most trusted security providers and utilize the most enhanced security technology available to protect your confidential information. We protect your personal information by using all the most sophisticated safeguards in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
We cannot guarantee that attempts to tamper with or acquire your information will not occur. Please take responsibility for your account’s safety and security to the best of your ability. Best practices include choosing a password which is not easy to guess, storing your password and information safely, and not sharing them with anybody. Please notify us immediately if you suspect any suspicious or unauthorized activity being carried out on your Beaxy account.
Additionally, transmissions over the Internet are not guaranteed. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of information that is sent to us or by us through an Internet or wireless connection. This includes email or text message communications. Please take all relevant safeguards, including using protected networks and utilizing two-factor authentication whenever possible. Please notify Beaxy customer support immediately if you suspect or fear any possible breach of your information.
International Transfers of Information
Beaxy is a global platform and may store or transfer your information to a country other than your country of residence. Beaxy will comply with any and all applicable regulations, including recent GDPR regulations with regards to customer information. Beaxy will only use information in ways that are in accordance with the purposes under which the data was collected and authorized by the Beaxy user. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure personal information we come in contact with is kept secure and is restricted to use for the reason it was collected.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to legal orders by relevant authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Modifying/Updating Your Personal Information
Collection and Use of Other Information
Beaxy collects and uses other user information such as “cookies” that are utilized in connection with your device when you use our website and platform. This provides us with valuable information that can help us learn how users interact with our website and platform in order to provide the best possible experience for customers. It also provides us with information about the specific device you are using and web-browser information. This can help us prevent fraud and detect suspicious activity.
In addition, these “cookies” and similar technologies collect certain information about your geographic location (what country and/or city you are in) as well as IP addresses, language, preferences, and other customer relevant information. This information is used solely for efficiency, convenience, and legal compliance purposes and will never be given or sold to a third party unless it is necessary for one of our third-party service providers or required by law. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our website, including pages accessed and links clicked. We may use identifiers to recognize you when you arrive at the Site via an external link, such as a link appearing on a third party site.
Beaxy will never knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, Beaxy will investigate and freeze/terminate this user’s account until necessary documents are provided to us. Please notify us if you know of any activity being done on our platform by anyone under the age of 18.
If you have any questions or if you would like a copy of this information sent to you, please email our Customer Support team at Beaxy Customer Support.